Week 8, it was the worst week ever since I came to U of T. I
got below the class average after spending the entire last half of the reading
week to review for the midterm. I misunderstood the last question and
overthought the third question and ended up getting only 2 in both… I wish that
I could have another chance but it is just a dream. But anyway, I am studying
hard for revenge in the second midterm, which is coming up.
I also finished the first part of the assignment 2 on
Monday, it was easier than I expected. I spent some time to work through the
first two functions is_regex(s) and all_permutation(s) in part 2. The
is_regex(s) seemed to be easy, but the second part when I have to produce a set
of all permutations of s caused me a lot of problem. I don’t know if the
professor will allow us to use permutation iterator in module intertools to
solve that part, otherwise, it will be fairly complicated.
I also want to make some comments about the assignment 1. I
read over the test file of the TA on Markus, I was really surprised that he/she
used very large number of cheese. I even more surprised to realize that my tour
function only gives the best number of moves for small number of cheeses, up to
10. But when it gets higher than 10, it will no longer produce the best number
of move. I really don’t know where the bug is but hopefully I won’t lose too
many marks for it. I also failed one of the two test cases for bonus part, which
is a little bit disappointed.
In the lab this week, we have to mimic all of the functions
of normal list by using LinkedList. I managed to get some of the extra question
such as writing reverse, __eq__, copy_ll for LinkedList. By first drawing picture,
I now have much better understanding about LinkedList and afford to do all of
the basic recursive functions __setitem__, ___getitem__, … fairly quickly. I
think my lab work is the only good thing in the entire week.
That are all I want to say about this week. Like usual post,
I want to give my self a grade … 1 out of 5 probably is what I deserve since my
term-test performance was not so good L
No comments:
Post a Comment