It is just the third weeks of class after the winter break, but i am feeling a lot of pressure. The second week lab exercise was harder than i thought and struggled me and my partner for a while. I took CSC 108 last semester, we studied class and object but we did not have to write a full class, like the one in the lab exercise. And normally in CSC108, the questions told me exactly what should i do with the class (Eg: how many parameters __init__ function should take, what methods should be included, ...). In CSC148, only the scenario is given and i have to look for noun, verb and adjective in the scenario then design the whole class's structure from them. It definitely was harder and took me sometime to adapt to.
I also learnt from the first week lab that i should do a detailed class design on paper first before starting any codes, especially when i have to deal a long and fairly complicated class like the one in the 1st lab. Otherwise, i just end up wasting a lot of time to rewrite the codes.
I also learnt from the first week lab that i should do a detailed class design on paper first before starting any codes, especially when i have to deal a long and fairly complicated class like the one in the 1st lab. Otherwise, i just end up wasting a lot of time to rewrite the codes.
The homework exercise though is easier. I especially like the second question when i have to create 2 classes: Toy and Dog. I created a dog with my real dog's name as a parameter, and it is really funny when my dog created the sound "Yip! Squeak" when he played the toy, which i made for him (creating a toy object). And i guessed he really liked his toy, so i let him play the toy hundred times by setting n = 100.
I really like the idea of the auto tester too, we have chance to see our mistakes and fix it before the deadline. I hope there will be the auto tester for next exercises.
On Wednesday, during the lecture, the class were introduced the idea of recursion. Although recursive function is not a new thing for many students, the recursive function used in the class was much more advanced than the one we studied in high school. I am looking forward to future lectures to see how much more complicated can it be!
On Wednesday, during the lecture, the class were introduced the idea of recursion. Although recursive function is not a new thing for many students, the recursive function used in the class was much more advanced than the one we studied in high school. I am looking forward to future lectures to see how much more complicated can it be!
No comments:
Post a Comment